Rest assured, we are working hard to nail down dates for our matches in 2016!
Here are preliminary dates for some of the matches we have planned for 2016:
June 3-5, 2016: Steel Safari
Sept 2-4, 2016: Sniper Adventure Challenge
Sept 16-18, 2016: New Match “R” (details forthcoming)
There will be at least one additional CD match in 2016 besides these three. Its details are still being worked on.
Congratulations to all 2015 TEAM SAFARI competitors. We had a good match and there was a lot of good shooting out there.
Our goal is to create and run the best events. Please email us with feedback on how you think we can make our future events better.
Thanks to JP for letting us use the Blue Steel Ranch.
Thanks the staff: Jimmy, Casey, Eric, Chuck, Fred, and Bill.
Special thanks to USO and Alexander Arms for the stage guns.
Jimmy will be sending out an email with the contact info for all our sponsors. Please take a few minutes to contact them and thank them for their support.
Here are some last minute updates for Team Safari competitors:
1. Check-in and the zero-check range will be open from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM Thursday. During this time (and this time only), you may check zero. You can set your own paper out at approx 100 yards (we will not have target stands – bring them if you need your own). There may be a few steel targets available to shoot with rifle. Please do not show up early. Some sponsor demo rifles will be available during this time.
2. For directions, please refer to this map, Map to BSR. Please park in the new parking lot – NOT ON THE ROAD.
3. The sight-in/zero-check range will be at the front range. You will pass this on the way to the parking lot. YOU MUST CHECK IN BEFORE SHOOTING AT THE SIGHT-IN RANGE.
4. You must be checked in by 5:00 PM Thursday. The shooters meeting will start immediately at 5:00 PM at the front range. It is mandatory. It shouldn’t take longer than about a half hour, not counting questions.
5. There will be a tech inspection during check-in. This will include a check of mechanical safeties and a drop test of approx one foot (vertical rifle onto butt pad), and basic safeties check for pistols.
6. Just to recap, the TS will have 3 FIELD STAGES (hike-and-shoot for rifle and carbine). There will be 4 ASSAULT stages (timed, up to all 4 guns); and 1 NIGHT STAGE (we provide all illumination).
7. The “minimum” round count for RIFLE is approx 180. Carbine 200; however, that is assuming you hit everything first round with carbine, which is pretty unlikely. Multiply that accordingly. Minimum for pistol will be about 40 per each but add the same multiplier for misses.
8. You will receive a briefing packet at check-in that contains full information about scoring, schedule, etc.
9. Most of the match staff will be traveling to Logan on Monday. Communications once we get to Logan is very spotty. We will get back to you in the evenings if possible.
10. Over the course of a day, you will need to walk several miles. You will have to walk up to about three quarters mile to get to the start of each field course. Each field course is approx 0.75 – 1.5 miles in length. Then you will have to walk from the end of the field course back to your vehicle.
11. Reminder- carbines MAY HAVE bipods and brakes larger than 1×3″ are now permitted. Still one optic per carbine only. No optics or comps on pistols.
If you have any questions, please get them to me ASAP, as my communications will be severely limited starting Tuesday afternoon.
AA TARGETS is offering 2015 TEAM SAFARI competitors 25% off any of their targets. In addition, Austin can deliver targets to the TEAM SAFARI to save on shipping.
Since its inception, COMPETITION DYNAMICS has worked with AA TARGETS for high quality, robust, portable, and compact targetry systems for its rifle matches. In our opinion, these are the best target systems out there for field use.
Contact AA TARGETS to get in on this exclusive deal!
The TEAM SAFARI is coming up in about three weeks. The match is filling nicely with 38 teams currently registered. Even better news is that we still have about a dozen team slots left, so if you’re not already coming, find a partner and get registered online ASAP!
The format of the TEAM SAFARI combines aspects of several of our other matches that shooters have loved. The morning stages will be of the “hike and shoot” type, just like the Steel Safari. The only difference is that you get to shoot with a partner! Just like the Steel Safari, movement on the course is “off the clock”, but you’ll get a fixed time limit to locate-range-engage both your targets once you get to a stage.
Next, we have the afternoon “assault/mid-range” stages. These will be run like 3-Gun stages and scored by time and hits. We’ve upped the number of these from two (as published) to a minimum of four!
Finally, we have added a night stage. For the night stage, all you have to do is bring your normal gear. No additional lighting will be permitted and active night vision is not allowed.
Another change is that the “CARBINE” MAY USE A BIPOD.
There will be pick-up guns provided by both US Optics and Alexander Arms. Yes, you’ll get to shoot the “Ulfberht” .338 Lapua Magnum semi-auto.
In addition, Contingency X will covering the event with video, including drone footage.
If this sounds awesome, get registered now!
We will be sending out another email approximately one week before the event with any last-minute match notes or schedule updates.