Here is the impact of the COVID19 situation to the 2020 Competition Dynamics season (all four matches):
1. No matches are cancelled or rescheduled “YET.” We will not run a match if the COVID19 situation has not substantially resolved and the “stay at home” orders that are present in many states (including our home state) have been lifted.
2. We will make a final determination for each match NO LATER THAN one month before the match would occur.
3. If a match cannot take place at its normally-scheduled dates, we will attempt to reschedule later in the year, depending on the public health outlook and all other schedule considerations. IE, we will try to reschedule a match if we think it can work.
4. Processing of all registrations is suspended (effective 3-4 weeks ago). That means we will not approve/accept registrations, accept checks, deposit checks already sent, etc until some resolution is in place.
5. We will hold or destroy, at your request, all checks that have been sent/received and NOT YET DEPOSITED. Of those that we logged in but had not yet deposited, I have downgraded your online registration to “SLOT GRANTED”.
6. Of those who sent checks that were deposited and are marked as “CONFIRMED/PAID”, you have several options:
a) wait to see what happens; OR
b) have us write you a check, now or if/when we have to cancel; OR
c) in the case that a match is ultimately cancelled, we can roll your registration into any future CD event (eg, 2021 season)
We are happy to do any of those, or make other reasonable arrangements.
I would ask that you consider option (c) because it would help us cover fixed, sunk losses for 2020, such as insurance, that we can absorb through 2021. If this is the case, we will leave your “CONFIRMED/PAID” registration in place in the 2020 match database and use that as a key to future credit.
Please do not send a request for a refund check UNLESS you can confirm you’re still marked as “CONFIRMED/PAID” — AND — your bank shows the check has cleared. I have been holding checks for the last about 3-4 weeks as the situation has gotten hotter.
Please send refund requests with your name, match name (SS, BOTC, SAC, TS), and registration number.
Thank you and if you have any questions, please contact us.
– Zak & Jimmy
The 2020 SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE Registration is open! After a good run at the Q-Creek, we have moved the SAC back to DOUGLAS, WY. Still based at the WILLS RANCH, we now have access to a new set of neighboring ranches so we get to land-nav over a lot of new terrain.
Match info and registration at this link: 2020 SAC WEB PAGE.
For those of you not crazy enough to compete in the SAC, please consider acting as match staff. RO’ing the SAC is one of the funnest “staff” activities based on the low density of arrivals (you aren’t just cranking through shooters all day), along with the “adventure style” experience and getting to do a lot of different stuff. Please send us email if you’re interested. CD RO Info
Online registration for 2020 Competition Dynamics events will open at 7:00 AM MST Monday JAN 6th.*
STEEL SAFARI: The Original Hike And Shoot Match. The Steel Safari is the archetypal “hike-and-shoot” long-range rifle match. It tests a wide spectrum of skills involved in getting to a shooting location, identifying targets, and engaging long-range rifle targets with only one shot each. Some of these skills include target recognition, ranging, wind doping, ballistic data management, marksmanship under field conditions, non-standard shooting positions, rudimentary trail skills.
BURRIS OPTICS TEAM CHALLENGE: A hard team match! This match is an extreme test of practical field shooting of rifles, carbines, and pistols, and supporting activities. Two-man teams will be required to navigate rugged desert / mountainous terrain, recognize, locate, range, and engage challenging rifle targets from compromised shooting positions, communicate with their partner and the range officer (RO), and do it under time constraints.
SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE: It’s an Adventure Race. With Guns. You and your partner will undergo tests involving: land navigation; practical shooting with long-range rifle, carbine, and pistols; fieldcraft; problem solving; and other related tasks. Two-man teams will be required to navigate 30-60+ miles on foot to complete the course. Along the way, there will be a series of tasks to accomplish to gain additional points. These tasks may include: shooting problems with long-range rifle, carbine, and pistols; problem-solving; physical challenges; fieldcraft; communication; target recognition; memory; and other tasks.
TEAM SAFARI: This is a team “hike-and-shoot” rifle match for long-range rifle, semi-auto “carbine,” and pistols. It will test a 2-man team’s ability to locate, range, and engage practical targetry spread in the terrain using both weapons systems. Some of the skills involved include target recognition, ranging, wind doping, ballistic data management, marksmanship under field conditions, non-standard shooting positions, rudimentary trail skills. You can think of the Team Safari as a Team version of the Steel Safari. This match is much easier physically than the TBTC and is more on-par with the Steel Safari.
* Note that SAC registration will not open until later in January due to a pending venue adjustment.
STEEL SAFARI: JUNE 5-7
BURRIS OPTICS TEAM CHALLENGE: JUNE 25-28
TEAM SAFARI: OCT 16-18
SAC: TBD – see below.
We are working on a venue change for SAC back to the Douglas area. We are trying to get the weekend of SEPT 3-6th, but this is not confirmed yet.
REGISTRATION FOR THE FIRST THREE MATCHES WILL OPEN JAN 6TH. SAC REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN LATE JAN.
STEEL SAFARI: JUNE 5-7
TEAM SAFARI: OCT 16-18
SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE: Dates pending, still aiming for first weekend of SEPT.
BOTC: Details pending.