Here are some last-minute notes for SAC competitors:
1. You need to have tested your water purification devices and processes before you show up. A significant portion of “available water” on this course will be from natural sources. Think “expedition style” as opposed to water tanks everywhere. There is a lot of natural water on the course and you will need to be able to use it.
2. There is no place to check zero or sight in once on site. Show up ready to shoot for score.
3. Check-in will be available 5-7pm THURSDAY ONLY. Check-in is required prior to 7:00 PM THURSDAY if you want to race. All competitors and guests on-site must sign waivers and get a wrist band.
4. At check-in, you will get a race packet that outlines the procedures and scoring. Read how scoring works. There will be an opportunity to have questions answered Thursday before 7pm and Friday morning at muster.
5. Muster at 8:00 AM Friday, ready to race. (All firearms to be “cold.”)
6. The parking location will be at 646 Wagon Hound Rd, Douglas Wy. Park on the south side of Wagon Hound Rd right across from the Wills Ranch sign (it says “Travis & Brayden”), on the E and W side of the driveway. Once the event begins you will not be permitted access to your vehicles until you finish or quit.
7. For check-in on Thursday ONLY, you may drive up to the check-in area. It is the yard surrounded by the houses and barns. 461220 4721283
8. Remember, you will need to bring a check or cash for $100 (exact change please) for your radio deposit. This will be returned when you turn in your (working) radio. Radio deposits will be exchanged for radios ONLY on Sunday prior to awards.
9. No team will be allowed to start the race without a SPOT registered with us and functioning in TRACK mode as of Friday morning 8:00 AM. Teams without a working spot will not be permitted to continue on any land nav Missions.
10. On Friday, turn on your SPOT trackers and activate TRACK mode at 7:30 AM. This will give us plenty of time to get a few points from all teams’ SPOTS to ensure everyone is tracking.
11. In a few days, we will post the public SPOT TRACKER URL. This is the live map your fans at home can watch. No points will be displayed with timestamps before Friday at 0700.
12. We will have match T-shirts available for $20 cash (please bring exact change) at check-in, first come first serve on available sizes.
13. BIPODS WILL BE PERMITTED ON CARBINES.
15. The core staff will be heading up to Douglas Wed AM. Once we are on-site, communications are very difficult. I will check my email and voicemail about twice a day and do my best to get back to you.
16. SPOT issues will be VERY difficult to resolve once on-site. PLEASE MAKE SURE WE HAVE YOUR TEAM ONLINE.
This is the official competitor final match letter for the “Resurgence” on September 22-25 2016 at the JP Enterprises Blue Steel Ranch in Logan, New Mexico.
Competition Dynamics in cooperation with JP Enterprises is bringing you the Resurgence, a “throw back” match from the old “SOF “days. The full flavor of the stages will be present as they were in the past, no walk troughs, and no gaming. Straight up tactical style shooting, with an emphasis on marksmaship, the use of your weapons, and weapon manipulations.
Historically the stages were somewhat physical; forward movement was always encouraged or even forced in some cases. There will be emphasis on use of cover, shooting from behind cover, and moving to cover in a safe manner. There will be some communication between the RO and shooter regarding moving. You might hear “take cover”, or “move to cover.”
All the stage descriptions will be read Wednesday September 21st at 1700. This is where questions will be answered pertaining to the stage procedure. Please bring something comfortable to sit on; the meeting could last up to 1.5-2 hours. During this forum please ask questions, for there will be no time to do this on the line.
Day(s) of shooting, the shooter will be called up example; shooter 1, squad 1, and so on and so forth. Please note the shooters will be held inside or behind a specified holding area.
This match promises to be action packed, and very dynamic. You will not be let down.
The property on the BSR is made of rolling hills in the high desert New Mexico. Temps will range from mid 80’s to low 40’s at night. There are “port-a-potties” onsite, and there will be a few locations with water available. You will be doing some walking/hiking to and from the stages.
Also, right now we are planning on using the range to its full capabilities. For us to do this and guarantee the best shooting ever, parts of the range will be closed. We are doing this to provide the best possible experience for you as the shooter.
I would include all and everything you will need for the day, you will know where and what you are shooting the night before, so please pack accordingly. Your kit might include, ammo, guns, magazines, snacks, sunscreen, water and anything else you man need for this adventure. Your vehicle may be a few thousand yards away, so try not to forget anything.
This is what I would bring
100 Buckshot (00/4buck)
This is if you want to sight in, and if your team make the team shoot Sunday.
There is decent lodging in Logan, New Mexico. There are 4 locations there and 2 restuaraunts (Subway and the Annex) Also, there is Ute lake for those bringing RV’s or campers.
Tucumcarri, New Mexico is 20 minutes from the range, where there is everything one needs from a modern south western city on route 66.
Team shoot: Qualification and Squading
Please send me an email with the 4 persons you want to shoot with, and have someone within your squad be the captain. Please have him/person (TEAM CAPTAIN ONLY) send us the complete squading list of persons on the squad. For this match there will be 2, 4 person teams, or people on a squad, totaling a complete 8 person squad. The team shoot is $25 per person, which we will collect on the day of sign in.
Wednesday 21 September-check, zero, shooter meeting at 1700
Thursday 22 September-Shoot
Friday 21 September-Shoot
Saturday 22 September-Shoot, Industry demos, side shoots PM
Sunday Team Shoot AM, awards following for those who qualify
There will be some side shoots going on for benefits, and there will be monies and prizes to be won. This can be done when there is a break between stages will go on during all “shoot” days.
We look forward to seeing everyone on the range, and please let me know if you have any questions.
The SLEEP INN in Douglas has a “CD Match Rate” of $79 + tax for any remaining matches in Douglas this year.
We are heartbroken to convey the news of Darrin Fink’s passing. Darrin was a dear friend of all of us here at CD and his death diminishes the shooting community as a whole. His generosity was unmatched. We considered him a brother.
Darrin loved the concept and challenges of the SAC and the upcoming SAC will be renamed to the “DARRIN FINK MEMORIAL SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE.”
CD will be holding a Memorial BBQ for Darrin on Sunday Sept 4th, starting just after noon. This is right after the SAC awards and is open to any shooters or friends of Darrin who want to come and share memories. We will be grilling and will have refreshments, but please bring anything special you’d like to. Overnight camping will be available on an ad-hoc basis if anyone wants to crash for the night and drive home safely on Monday.
Funeral arrangements have not yet been arranged by the family. We will follow up to this post when more information is available.
In addition to “Classic/SOF Irons” and “Classic/SOF Optics”, we will also run an OPEN division where any modern-open-class firearms may be used. Major/minor scoring will still apply