Here are some last-minute notes for SAC competitors:
1. You need to have tested your water purification devices and processes before you show up. A significant portion of “available water” on this course will be from natural sources. Think “expedition style” as opposed to water tanks everywhere. (We will still have some tanks.)
2. Make sure your Poncho/Tarp is up to spec. A proper poncho/tarp can be used to solve a lot of problems.
3. There is no place to check zero or sight in once on sight. Show up ready to shoot for score.
4. Check-in will be available 5-7pm THURSDAY and 7:30 – 8:30 AM FRIDAY. Both Endurance and Sprint divisions will muster at 8:30 AM Friday.
5. The check-in and parking location will be at 646 Wagon Hound Rd, Douglas Wy. Park on the south side of Wagon Hound Rd right across from the Wills Ranch sign (it says “Travis & Brayden”), on the E and W side of the driveway. Once the event begins you will not be permitted access to your vehicles until you finish or quit.
6. You will have to walk to the check-in and muster area. It is the yard surrounded by the houses and barns. 461220 4721283
7. No team will be allowed to start the event without a SPOT registered with us and functioning in TRACK mode.
8. On Friday, turn on your SPOT trackers and activate TRACK mode at 7:30 AM. This will give us plenty of time to get a few points from all teams’ SPOTS to ensure everyone is tracking.
9. In a few days, we will post the public SPOT TRACKER URL. This is the live map your fans at home can watch. No points will be displayed with timestamps before Friday at 0700.