Good news! The Burris Optics Team Challenge is a GO! We will be following prudent and standard COVID19-prevention guidelines, please see below for the present list of procedural changes and guidelines.
These changes will not affect the “Spirit of the match”. Due to the “close contact” required by our normal Assault Stages, we will be scaling back the Assault Stages to 2 (with increased staff/competitor spacing) and 1 “Standards.” We will also have some “Fun Stages” that will not be scored towards the main match, so you have more shooting available in the afternoons. The morning Field Stages will be the same format that you’re used to at BOTC.
We DO NEED SOME MORE RO’s for BOTC. Please send us an email if you’d like to RO. For this match, being an RO is mainly being a stationary long-range spotter RO on the field stages, or a “sender”, or, in some cases, an Assault Stage RO.
The match is coming up quick — just 3 weeks after Steel Safari, so get your registrations in ASAP.
Here are the COVID19 guidelines:
1. DO NOT COME IF YOU ARE SICK. SYMPTOMS TO LOOK FOR INCLUDE: Cough, Fever, Body Aches, etc.
2. DO NOT COME IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE IN A HIGHER RISK CATEGORY
3. DO NOT COME IF YOU CANNOT TRAVEL WHILE BEING SAFE AND MINIMIZING EXPOSURE — AIR TRAVEL DISCOURAGED
— People who have ALREADY paid as of this posting but cannot come due to any of these reasons will retain a credit towards a later 2020 CD match or a 2021+ CD match.
4. We will have a temperature-check station on-site on Thursday. People with Temperatures higher than specified by our consulting medical personnel will not be able to compete and will have to leave.
5. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you take your temperature and monitor your health closely leading up to your departure for SS. It would suck to drive the whole way only to show up with symptoms.
6. Everyone on-site will be required to maintain SOCIAL DISTANCING of 6 feet at all times. This is for safety and to prevent us from being shut down in case the guidelines in NM are not relaxed and L.E. stops by. The 6′ rule will be enforced at all times with the exception of people who have traveled together the whole trip, and those people are to not have close contact with others.
7. Check-in will be mostly “virtual” or electronic with minimal interaction on-site. We will provide the waivers for you to complete and deposit on-site.
8. Shooters’ Meeting format: TBD.
9. We will have procedures to limit the handing back and forth of score cards.
10. Masks of some sort will be required when in the common/close parking areas. They will not be required out on the trail but that’s up to you.
11. While on the field trail courses, or in any waiting areas, the 6 foot distancing interval SHALL BE FOLLOWED.
12. Bring your own pens, and hand sanitizer, etc.
13. In the parking lot, maintain more inter-car spacing than usual.
14. NO TOUCHING
15. We reserve the right to make public safety related decisions that affect competitors’ status.
16. There is a prize table but its scope is a little limited due to so many company shutdowns so far in 2020. We are working this hard to get it back up to normal spec.
17. We will have specific CHECK-IN TIMES and ZERO-CHECK times for all registered competitors– this will depend on your shooter # and we’ll let you know what this is a week or so out.
18. We are working on having some virtual/on-line briefings / Q&A sessions, especially for NEW BOTC. Stay tuned.
Registration is open and being processed. All checks received to date have been deposited and status updated.
1. Those who currently have a CONFIRMED/PAID status and already had your check deposited are good to go.
2. WE WILL NOT BE DOING ANY ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS. So register online if you want to come.
3. The last day we can receive and log-in payments before we head to the SS site is Friday June 19th. Let’s get payments squared away ASAP, it’ll make it easier for everyone in the long term.
THERE WILL BE MORE INFORMATION COMING – STAY TUNED.