The TEAM Safari
This is a team "hike-and-shoot" rifle match for long-range rifle, semi-auto "carbine," and pistols. It will test a 2-man team's ability to locate, range, and engage practical targetry spread in the terrain using both weapons systems. Some of the skills involved include target recognition, ranging, wind doping, ballistic data management, marksmanship under field conditions, non-standard shooting positions, rudimentary trail skills.
You can think of the Team Safari as a Team version of the Steel Safari
This match is much easier physically than the TBTC and is more on-par with the Steel Safari.
TEAM MEMBER 1 - LONG-RANGE RIFLE SHOOTER
TEAM MEMBER 2 - CARBINE SHOOTER
See rules for full equipment specifications.
Posted By: Zak Smith on October 19, 2020
Congrats to the Team Safari champions, Andy Reinhardt and Collin Fossen. Here are the full results
SCORES 2020 PDF
This was the biggest Team Safari to date, thanks to everyone for helping us have a safe and successful match.
We’ll have the 2021 schedule done and posted by mid Dec. Our goal is to keep the same “weekends” year over year, if you need to make early plans now.
Posted By: Zak Smith on October 5, 2020
At the present time, NM guidelines, dictums, orders, etc, permit outdoor activities provided that participants maintain “social distancing” of 6 feet, and we do not congregate in groups larger than 10 people. Thus, the Team Safari will proceed with just a few changes vs. normal.
These changes will not affect the “Spirit of the match” or the shooting challenges, it will mostly be administrative and lessening the amount of interaction between competitors and competitors/staff.
We will be having a MANDATORY ONLINE BRIEFING FOR NEW TEAM SAFARI SHOOTERS – that is, everyone who has NOT SHOT THE TEAM SAFARI BEFORE MUST ATTEND – this Friday Oct 9th at 6:00PM MTN time on GoToMeeting, OR– we have an additional one on Saturday Oct 10th at 6:00PM MTN if you can’t make the first one. The link will be sent out in a separate email.
We will be re-using the Steel Safari ONLINE verbal briefing because it is 98% the same as the Team Safari briefing. We will go over the differences in the online briefings for new shooters.
Match Format Adjustments: We are consolidating the four assault stages in to either 2 long ones, or 2 long ones and 1 standards.
Here are some of the most important things to know NOW:
1. DO NOT COME IF YOU ARE SICK. SYMPTOMS TO LOOK FOR INCLUDE: Cough, Fever, Body Aches, etc.
2. We will have a temperature-check station on-site on Thursday. People with Temperatures higher than specified by our consulting medical personnel will not be able to compete and will have to leave.
3. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you take your temperature and monitor your health closely leading up to your departure for SS. It would suck to drive the whole way only to show up with symptoms.
4. Everyone on-site will be required to maintain SOCIAL DISTANCING of 6 feet at all times. This is for safety and to prevent us from being shut down in case the guidelines in NM are not relaxed and L.E. stops by. The 6′ rule will be enforced at all times with the exception of people who have traveled together the whole trip, and those people are to not have close contact with others.
5. Check-in will be mostly “virtual” or electronic with minimal interaction on-site. We will provide the waivers for you to complete and deposit on-site.
6. We will not have a regular SHOOTERS MEETING– it will be VIRTUAL. Prior to the SS, Jimmy and I will put together the Match Briefing Packet and a video and/or audio recording of the normal briefing and send these out via email. It will be your responsibility to understand this material. Present questions BEFORE THE MATCH via PHONE or EMAIL. This way we can eliminate more on-site 1:1 interaction.
7. Please limit groupings to 10 people or less at all times to comply with NM orders.
Registration is now kind of a mess, with everything on hold, checks not cashed immediately due to potential cancellation, etc. Please bear with us to get this straightened out. Here is the current status”
1. Those who currently have a CONFIRMED/PAID status are good to go.
2. Those who have sent funds but have not yet been marked PAID please check with me ASAP to make sure we have not received your funds.
3. At this point, please bring cash if you haven’t paid yet.
4. WE WILL NOT BE DOING ANY ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS. So register online if you want to come.
5. The last day we can receive and log-in payments before we head to the SS site is Friday Oct 9. Let’s get payments squared away ASAP, it’ll make it easier for everyone in the long term.
We are also looking for a couple more “Course Starters”–please contact Jimmy or I if you’re interested. You can’t be a “course starter” and a competitor, though you’ll have plenty of time to shoot for fun on-site as a staff member.
THERE WILL BE MORE INFORMATION COMING – STAY TUNED.
Posted By: Zak Smith on March 28, 2020
5/19/2020 UPDATE — ALL MATCHES ARE “ON” — WITH A FEW PROCEDURAL CHANGES.
— ORIGINAL POST —
Here is the impact of the COVID19 situation to the 2020 Competition Dynamics season (all four matches):
1. No matches are cancelled or rescheduled “YET.” We will not run a match if the COVID19 situation has not substantially resolved and the “stay at home” orders that are present in many states (including our home state) have been lifted.
2. We will make a final determination for each match NO LATER THAN one month before the match would occur.
3. If a match cannot take place at its normally-scheduled dates, we will attempt to reschedule later in the year, depending on the public health outlook and all other schedule considerations. IE, we will try to reschedule a match if we think it can work.
4. Processing of all registrations is suspended (effective 3-4 weeks ago). That means we will not approve/accept registrations, accept checks, deposit checks already sent, etc until some resolution is in place.
5. We will hold or destroy, at your request, all checks that have been sent/received and NOT YET DEPOSITED. Of those that we logged in but had not yet deposited, I have downgraded your online registration to “SLOT GRANTED”.
6. Of those who sent checks that were deposited and are marked as “CONFIRMED/PAID”, you have several options:
a) wait to see what happens; OR
b) have us write you a check, now or if/when we have to cancel; OR
c) in the case that a match is ultimately cancelled, we can roll your registration into any future CD event (eg, 2021 season)
We are happy to do any of those, or make other reasonable arrangements.
I would ask that you consider option (c) because it would help us cover fixed, sunk losses for 2020, such as insurance, that we can absorb through 2021. If this is the case, we will leave your “CONFIRMED/PAID” registration in place in the 2020 match database and use that as a key to future credit.
Please do not send a request for a refund check UNLESS you can confirm you’re still marked as “CONFIRMED/PAID” — AND — your bank shows the check has cleared. I have been holding checks for the last about 3-4 weeks as the situation has gotten hotter.
Please send refund requests with your name, match name (SS, BOTC, SAC, TS), and registration number.
Thank you and if you have any questions, please contact us.
– Zak & Jimmy