2013 SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE - ENDURANCE
4-7 JULY 2013 at the Felix Canyon Ranch (Mayhill, NM)
OFFICIAL Silencer - Thunder Beast Arms Corp
OFFICIAL Apparel - Arc'teryx
OFFICIAL Targetry Systems - AA Targets
2013 RESULTS - ENDURANCE CLASS
2013 RESULTS - SPRINT CLASS
Info from the 2012 SAC
ENDURANCE CLASS - 24-40 hours of continuous challenge, 30-40 miles on foot navigation.
SPRINT CLASS - 8-16 hours of continuous challenge, 8-15 miles on foot navigation.
This is the web site for the ENDURANCE CLASS. Click here for the SPRINT CLASS web page.
Two-man teams will be required to navigate at least 30 miles on foot to complete the course. Along the way, there will be a series of tasks to accomplish to gain additional points. These tasks may include: shooting problems with long-range rifle, carbine, and pistols; problem-solving; physical challenges; fieldcraft; communication; target recognition; memory; and other tasks.
Teams must carry all the gear they use to complete land navigation and all tasks, though it may be abandoned at any time. Teams must carry one long-range rifle, one carbine, and two pistols for the entire course. Refer to the Required Gear List for items required for all teams/competitors. All other gear is left to the discretion of the team based on the task briefing. This information will be posted to this web site far in advance of the match date.
Competitors are responsible for all of their nutrition needs during the race. Water will be provided along the Sprint and Endurance courses. In the event that a competitor drops out of the race or finishes early it will be their responsibility to pay Felix Canyon Ranch in cash directly for any additional meals and lodging.
- Match duration: roughly 24-40 hours
- Baseline land navigation of roughly 30 miles
- Bonus land-navigation points additional roughly 10 miles
- Rough high desert terrain
- GPS prohibited for land nav - Required to bring as emergency equipment
- No support crew will be permitted.
- Field shooting challenges include long-range shooting, precision shooting, assault stages, target identification and shoot/no-shoot decisions, and related problems
- Approximate maximum target distances: rifle 1500 yards; carbine 500; pistol 100
- Unknown, various, and non-standard target sizes
- Max long-range rifle caliber .338 LM, minimum 6mm
- Max carbine caliber, .300WSM; max barrel length 20 inches (not including suppressor), minimum caliber .223
- Night vision optics not required and not permitted
- Almost all targetry will be reactive armor steel plate
- Round count (minimums): Long-range rifle: approx 50; carbine: approx 100; pistol: approx 100.
- Cost: $695 per team.
- All teams will be required to bring a SPOT tracker that is registered with the match so we can track all teams in real time
- Refundable deposit of approx $130 required for issued radio gear. Cash or check at match check-in, full refund upon return of radio.
Our match staff has a proven track record of running innovative, safe, and fair practical/field matches. Zak Smith is the match director. He has administered about a dozen major field/practical shooting matches since 2006. Jimmy Holdsworth and Ray Sanchez are the Assistant match directors.
View Larger Map