a hard team match
This match is an extreme test of practical field shooting of rifles, carbines, and pistols, and supporting activities.
Two-man teams will be required to navigate
rugged desert / mountainous terrain, recognize, locate, range, and engage
challenging rifle targets from compromised shooting positions, communicate with their
partner and the range officer (RO), and do it under time constraints.
TEAM MEMBER 1 - LONG-RANGE RIFLE SHOOTER
TEAM MEMBER 2 - CARBINE (SEMI AUTO RIFLE) SHOOTER
See rules for full equipment specifications.
Posted By: Zak Smith on June 17, 2020
We are doing a “Virtual” or “Online” Match Briefing and Shooters’ Meeting for BOTC. All competitors registered to date have received a link to the VIRTUAL BRIEFING page. If you have not received this link, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted By: Zak Smith on May 15, 2020
Good news! The Burris Optics Team Challenge is a GO! We will be following prudent and standard COVID19-prevention guidelines, please see below for the present list of procedural changes and guidelines.
These changes will not affect the “Spirit of the match”. Due to the “close contact” required by our normal Assault Stages, we will be scaling back the Assault Stages to 2 (with increased staff/competitor spacing) and 1 “Standards.” We will also have some “Fun Stages” that will not be scored towards the main match, so you have more shooting available in the afternoons. The morning Field Stages will be the same format that you’re used to at BOTC.
We DO NEED SOME MORE RO’s for BOTC. Please send us an email if you’d like to RO. For this match, being an RO is mainly being a stationary long-range spotter RO on the field stages, or a “sender”, or, in some cases, an Assault Stage RO.
The match is coming up quick — just 3 weeks after Steel Safari, so get your registrations in ASAP.
Here are the COVID19 guidelines:
1. DO NOT COME IF YOU ARE SICK. SYMPTOMS TO LOOK FOR INCLUDE: Cough, Fever, Body Aches, etc.
2. DO NOT COME IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE IN A HIGHER RISK CATEGORY
3. DO NOT COME IF YOU CANNOT TRAVEL WHILE BEING SAFE AND MINIMIZING EXPOSURE — AIR TRAVEL DISCOURAGED
— People who have ALREADY paid as of this posting but cannot come due to any of these reasons will retain a credit towards a later 2020 CD match or a 2021+ CD match.
4. We will have a temperature-check station on-site on Thursday. People with Temperatures higher than specified by our consulting medical personnel will not be able to compete and will have to leave.
5. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you take your temperature and monitor your health closely leading up to your departure for SS. It would suck to drive the whole way only to show up with symptoms.
6. Everyone on-site will be required to maintain SOCIAL DISTANCING of 6 feet at all times. This is for safety and to prevent us from being shut down in case the guidelines in NM are not relaxed and L.E. stops by. The 6′ rule will be enforced at all times with the exception of people who have traveled together the whole trip, and those people are to not have close contact with others.
7. Check-in will be mostly “virtual” or electronic with minimal interaction on-site. We will provide the waivers for you to complete and deposit on-site.
8. Shooters’ Meeting format: TBD.
9. We will have procedures to limit the handing back and forth of score cards.
10. Masks of some sort will be required when in the common/close parking areas. They will not be required out on the trail but that’s up to you.
11. While on the field trail courses, or in any waiting areas, the 6 foot distancing interval SHALL BE FOLLOWED.
12. Bring your own pens, and hand sanitizer, etc.
13. In the parking lot, maintain more inter-car spacing than usual.
14. NO TOUCHING
15. We reserve the right to make public safety related decisions that affect competitors’ status.
16. There is a prize table but its scope is a little limited due to so many company shutdowns so far in 2020. We are working this hard to get it back up to normal spec.
17. We will have specific CHECK-IN TIMES and ZERO-CHECK times for all registered competitors– this will depend on your shooter # and we’ll let you know what this is a week or so out.
18. We are working on having some virtual/on-line briefings / Q&A sessions, especially for NEW BOTC. Stay tuned.
Registration is open and being processed. All checks received to date have been deposited and status updated.
1. Those who currently have a CONFIRMED/PAID status and already had your check deposited are good to go.
2. WE WILL NOT BE DOING ANY ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS. So register online if you want to come.
3. The last day we can receive and log-in payments before we head to the SS site is Friday June 19th. Let’s get payments squared away ASAP, it’ll make it easier for everyone in the long term.
THERE WILL BE MORE INFORMATION COMING – STAY TUNED.
Posted By: Zak Smith on March 28, 2020
5/19/2020 UPDATE — ALL MATCHES ARE “ON” — WITH A FEW PROCEDURAL CHANGES.
— ORIGINAL POST —
Here is the impact of the COVID19 situation to the 2020 Competition Dynamics season (all four matches):
1. No matches are cancelled or rescheduled “YET.” We will not run a match if the COVID19 situation has not substantially resolved and the “stay at home” orders that are present in many states (including our home state) have been lifted.
2. We will make a final determination for each match NO LATER THAN one month before the match would occur.
3. If a match cannot take place at its normally-scheduled dates, we will attempt to reschedule later in the year, depending on the public health outlook and all other schedule considerations. IE, we will try to reschedule a match if we think it can work.
4. Processing of all registrations is suspended (effective 3-4 weeks ago). That means we will not approve/accept registrations, accept checks, deposit checks already sent, etc until some resolution is in place.
5. We will hold or destroy, at your request, all checks that have been sent/received and NOT YET DEPOSITED. Of those that we logged in but had not yet deposited, I have downgraded your online registration to “SLOT GRANTED”.
6. Of those who sent checks that were deposited and are marked as “CONFIRMED/PAID”, you have several options:
a) wait to see what happens; OR
b) have us write you a check, now or if/when we have to cancel; OR
c) in the case that a match is ultimately cancelled, we can roll your registration into any future CD event (eg, 2021 season)
We are happy to do any of those, or make other reasonable arrangements.
I would ask that you consider option (c) because it would help us cover fixed, sunk losses for 2020, such as insurance, that we can absorb through 2021. If this is the case, we will leave your “CONFIRMED/PAID” registration in place in the 2020 match database and use that as a key to future credit.
Please do not send a request for a refund check UNLESS you can confirm you’re still marked as “CONFIRMED/PAID” — AND — your bank shows the check has cleared. I have been holding checks for the last about 3-4 weeks as the situation has gotten hotter.
Please send refund requests with your name, match name (SS, BOTC, SAC, TS), and registration number.
Thank you and if you have any questions, please contact us.
– Zak & Jimmy
Check-in will be at 440 Wagon Hound Rd.