Periodically held near Douglas, Wyoming
OFFICIAL TARGETRY SYSTEMS - AA TARGETS
Individuals will complete approx 5 miles of movement using a method appropriate to the weather and ground conditions, to include: running, hiking, slogging, snowshoeing, or skiing. The total distance will be broken up into laps or segments. Between each lap, the competitor will complete one or more practical shooting challenges that involve a full-power rifle, carbine, shotgun, or pistol. (Consult schedule for required guns each month.) There may also be additional physical tasks to accomplish such as burpees, dragging weight, lifts, etc.
- One-day "local" match format
- Bring firearms per schedule - firearms and ammunition must be in safe working condition
- Baseline movement of 5 miles
- Possibility of "starter" division with 2.5 miles of movement
- Penality movement based on shooting "misses"
- Minimum carbine caliber .223
- Minimum full-power rifle caliber 6mm with at least 41 grains of powder
- Minimum service pistol caliber 9mm Luger
- You may be required to move with some of the firearms - bring appropriate holsters, slings, etc
- Cost: $30
Zak Smith, Cody Carroll, and Ray Sanchez are running this match/race.